Saturday, May 20 – Sunday, May 21, 2017
RBC Convention Centre / Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
The Art Expo recognizes the traditional and historical works of art practiced by Indigenous people. It is a call to action to artists to revive, create and honour traditions and gifts through submissions in multiple genre categories.
The Art Disciplines that will be accepted in submissions to the program are:
• BEADWORK traditional and contemporary styles of beading to create art and clothing
• QUILLWORK the use of quills and paint used to design works of art and clothing
• STAR BLANKET a quilt featuring indigenous designs representing honour and blessings
• RIBBON SHIRT hand sewn ribbon shirt with vibrant colours and cloth worn as regalia, for ceremony or special occasion
• JINGLE DRESS made of a cloth, velvet or leather base adorned with jingles made out of a shiny metal
Each category will be voted on by the public with prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd, and all submissions will have their work displayed during the Manito Ahbee Festival International Pow Wow.
Interested in registering? There is no cost! Simply fill out the form below: