Volunteer at the Manito Ahbee Festival!
Be apart of an amazing cultural experience and volunteer at the Manito Ahbee Festival! Manito Ahbee is recognized as a leader in transforming relationships to share Indigenous culture and heritage with the world. The festival unites both residents and visitors in a spirit of celebration, honouring the Creator and the seven sacred teachings: love, respect, courage, honesty, wisdom, humility and truth.
Volunteers are the heartbeat of Manito Ahbee! The Board of Governors, staff and organizers of the Manito Ahbee Festival express deep gratitude for all volunteers and supporters who came together to make the festival what it is today
WHAT WE OFFER
- The opportunity to learn more about the beautiful culture of Indigenous peoples
- Be apart of a volunteer community and make new friends
- A volunteer t-shirt
- Be recognized for your hard work and commitment at the volunteer appreciation dinner
WHAT WE EXPECT
As a festival team member, we each play an important role in the success of the Manito Ahbee Festival. We encourage the use of the seven teachings; love, respect, courage, honesty, wisdom, humility and truth, in the way we treat one another and deal with every situation. We are required to adhere by the Volunteer Standards of Conduct and to fulfill our responsibilities to ourselves, to others, and to the organization.
AS RESPONSIBLE AMBASSADORS REPRESENTING THE MANITO AHBEE FESTIVAL:
- Treat everyone with respect
- Represent the Festival in a positive way
- Be kind and positive to each other and to the public
- Contribute to the organizations mission and vision
- Maintain confidentiality with respect to all Festival information and records
IN ADDITION, WE ASK THE FOLLOWING OF ALL VOLUNTEERS:
- Smile and have fun
- Arrive on time and work your committed hours
- Wear your crew t-shirt and access pass at all times
- Ensure that you have eaten before your shift
- Do not be under the influence of drugs and alcohol
- Do no reserve seating for friends and family
- Adhere to the Volunteer Standards and Code of Conduct Agreement
REGISTER TO VOLUNTEER NEXT YEAR IN 2024!
For more information, Volunteer Manager by email at email@example.com.
Through the power of partnerships, the Casinos of Winnipeg presents the Outstanding Volunteer Award 2023.
This year’s recipient is new to the Manito Ahbee Festival. She has jumped right in, making connections with attendees and new friendships with the other volunteers. Always ready to give a helping hand, this year’s Outstanding Volunteer Award recipient, presented by the Casinos of Winnipeg is…….Trudy Swan!
Blue Wondering Thunder Cloud Woman/Wolf (Spirit Names)
Trudy has lived in Winnipeg her whole life. Her family comes from Lake Manitoba and Wabaseemoong First Nations. She is a mom to 10 year old AJ.
Trudy wanted to volunteer at the Manito Ahbee to be a part of the culture and events.
Thank you Trudy for pitching in to lend a hand!