Uploading your Video to YouTube Instructions for Desktop
- Visit: youtube.com
- In the top right-hand corner of the page, click SIGN IN.
- Use your existing Gmail account to log in. If you don’t already have a Gmail account, you can follow these steps to create one: https://support.google.com/mail/answer/56256?hl=en
- Once you are logged in, click on the circular icon in the top right-hand corner that now appears where SIGN IN was listed previously. A drop-down menu will open. Click CREATE A CHANNEL.
- You will be prompted to name your channel. Select to use either your name, or to assign a name. This will not affect your ability to upload videos, so select whichever option you are comfortable with.
- You will then be prompted to add information about your channel. You may enter information, or leave these fields blank. It will not affect your ability to upload videos.
- After creating a channel, you will find yourself at the CHANNEL DASHBOARD. In the middle of the screen, you should see the option to UPLOAD VIDEOS. Click here to begin your upload.
- Either drag and drop your video into the window, or click SELECT FILES and choose your video from the window that appears.
- Once you have selected a video, a new window will appear asking you to input a title and description. The title of your video must appear as follows: YOUR NAME, YOUR REGISTRATION NUMBER, YOUR DANCE CATEGORY, #MAFPOWWOW2020. Any entries that do not follow this formatting will not be considered in competition. Adding a description is optional, and will not affect the judging process.
- Options will be displayed as your video uploads. Do not upload your video to a playlist. Select YES, IT’S MADE FOR KIDS. Click SAVE.
- You do not need to add Video Elements. Click NEXT
- In the Visibility section, select Do not schedule your video. Click SAVE.
- A window will appear indicating your video was published. COPY the video link that appears in this window.
- OPEN your preferred email service, and PASTE the video link into the body of the email. In the subject line, add YOUR NAME, YOUR REGISTRATION NUMBER, YOUR DANCE CATEGORY, #MAFPOWWOW2020 (same as the title of your video). Address the email to POWWOW@MANITOAHBEE.COM and hit SEND.
To view your video, SIGN IN in to YouTube, select the circular icon in the top right-hand corner of the screen, and from the drop-down menu select YOUR CHANNEL. From here, click YOUTUBE STUDIO, which will take you back to the CHANNEL DASHBOARD. From the CHANNEL DASHBOARD, select VIDEOS in the panel on the left side of the screen. If you need to edit any DETAILS about your video, hover your mouse over the video and click the icon that appears like a PENCIL. If you need to SHARE the link again, hover your mouse over the video and click the THREE DOTS ALIGNED VERTICALLY. A drop-down menu will appear, where you can select GET SHAREABLE LINK to COPY the video link once again.
Your video is now submitted for the 2020 Manito Ahbee Virtual Pow Wow Festival! Please consult www.manitoahbee.com for scheduling and awards information.