2019 48hr Film Challenge Winner – Skate Break by Peatr Thomas
We are excited to announce the 48 Hour Film Challenge. Teams of up to two people will have a total of 48 hours to write, shoot and edit a short film. Films will be judged and voted by industry professionals.
Registration will open on Monday, August 3 and close on Friday, August 16, 2020.
Registered teams and individuals will be emailed their required phrase and/or object on Friday, August 21, 2020.
Challenge will begin once phrase and/or object have been emailed and challenge will end on Sunday, August 23.
Rules & Regulations:
- The official time period for the 48 Hour Film Challenge will begin on Friday, August 21, 2020 and end at Sunday, August 23, 2020.
- The participating person/team will receive an email on Friday, August 21 with their object and/or phrase that must be incorporated into their film.
- All footage must be shot within the official time period of the challenge. No stock footage or footage shot or created at another time may be used.
- The required object must be seen on-screen.
- The required phrase may be spoken, sung and/or written. It may be in any language, please provide translation, if phrase is not in English.
- The finished film must be a minimum of 1-minute duration, and a maximum of 5 minutes in duration – this does not include end credits.
- Complete films must be on USB and 1080p H264 OR 1080p QuickTime file – MAC compatible.
- No grotesque, violent or nude material
Filmmakers must follow and respect local rules and regulations prohibiting meetings and must follow all social distancing and health and cleanliness protocols.
Winning films will be announced and posted on Manito Ahbee’s social media outlets.
Films will be voted by industry professionals and winning films will be announced on social media on Friday, August 28, 2020
- 1st – $300.00, Cineplex gift card
- 2nd – $200.00 Cineplex gift card
- 3rd – $100.00, Cineplex gift card